The 21st century inhabitants live in a mechanized world, where a smartphone almost does everything for us, an Alexa listens to our commands, a robot does as we say. Despite that, we face many distractions – some that might even interfere with our official and personal life. As a result, we struggle to do things on time, fail to read or understand what we are supposed to, miss our deadlines. We are unable to focus and concentrate on our tasks, chores, duties, and work thereby leaving us stressed all the time.
We have jotted down 10 simple tips that will help boost your concentration and aid in maintaining stress.
- Proper sleep: It is essential to know that a good night’s sleep will help you concentrate on your work the next day. As an adult, you need to rest for at least 6-7 hours – undisturbed. A tired person finds it difficult to focus on things for long.
- Exercise regularly: You must be wonder how exercise is related to concentration, as a matter of fact, it is very impactful. Exercise and other physical activities significantly promote the flow of oxygen to the brain. This allows the brain to function more efficiently. We need a balance of physical and mental exercise to stay fit.
- Work when the brain is active: There is a specific time of the day when the mind is more productive. It is said that early morning hours and in the evening between 7 PM – 9 PM is the time when the brain is most active. Try and work then.
- Train your brain: Just as you constantly train your pet, you need to do the same with your mind. You need to remind your brain how important it is for you and nourish it with clean thoughts. Think positive. Stay positive!
- Eat a well balanced meal: Try to include food items that are light on your stomach and nutritious for your body. Your meals should provide you with all the vitamins and minerals required by your body. Stay away from junk or greasy food when you are at work. They are quick to drain you out, almost within the first hour. Fresh food and fruits are a must here.
- Learn to meditate: Meditation is the best way of learning how to concentrate. It is the most potent concentration enhancement method. As you wake up in the morning, meditate for at least 5 minutes daily. It really works!
- Taking breaks in between helps: You might think that regular breaks hamper ones workflow. That is incorrect. Breaks allow your brain to take some rest and replenish the energy depleted. Helps one quickly rejuvenate, as long as the breaks are being used constructively. Perhaps take a walk for 10-15 minutes during long working hours.
- Stay calm and composed: Being calm and composed is directly related to stronger miind. When you relax your mind and keep anxiety or stress at bay, you will be able to focus and concentrate on the task in hand.
- Decide where to concentrate: It is crucial that you set your priorities right. When you want to focus, it means you will take your mind off from other things and work on only the one thing and not be scattered all over the place.
- Read books: Reading books helps the mind concentrate and focus better. Make reading a habit. Reading and finishing a book requires patience and determination. Thereby, teaching your brain the importance of such a trait.
These listed techniques might appear quite simple, if practiced, they can do wonders in improving how we operate in our daily lives. All these methods have been tried and tested and therefore, there will surely be one technique that you will be able to benefit from.