Summer can be harsh on your skin, especially the facial skin. Your skin can easily get dehydrated, sunburnt, or even look super greasy in excessively humid conditions. Here are 15 best tips that will help you radiate naturally glowing skin.
- Keep Yourself Hydrated – it is vital that you keep yourself hydrated during the summers at regular intervals of he day. The high amount of water intake prevents the skin cells from drying out and becoming dull when exposed to the sun.
- Add Antioxidants To Your Diet – foods that are rich in antioxidants are packed with essential vitamins and minerals which allow the skin cells to rejuvenate and glow naturally. So do add antioxidants to your diet right away.
- Do Not Forget To Use Sunscreen – using a sunscreen (minimum of SPF 15) is a must when stepping out during the day, irrespective of whether it is overcast or not. Sunscreen prevents the skin from tanning and also protects it from the sun’s harmful UV rays. Water-based sunscreens give a natural look.
- Changing Your Face Wash – a face wash is a brilliant accessory that helps clean the dirt and muck stuck through the day thereby giving the face a fresh and healthy look. As you might need to use it more than once based on your skin type, go for a milder variant for your face, or better still, make a natural one yourself.
- Go Easy On Makeup – when it comes to makeup during the summers, it is essential that you go easy on it. During the summers you must let your skin breathe if you want it to look fresh and healthy. You don’t want all the makeup melting across your face.
- Update your moisturizer – a moisturizer is a must, but go for a water-based moisturizer if you have oily skin. It helps keep your skin moisturized, which in turn helps the skin look fresh and hydrated.
- Exfoliation – during the summers, your skin tries it’s best to keep itself healthy and heal any sunburns. So you can help the skin furthermore by exfoliating. Exfoliation helps to eliminate the dead skin cells. You can never go wrong with a natural homemade exfoliant.
- Maintain Regular Exercise – regular exercise during the summers can be hectic, but don’t let the heat pull you down. Exercise promotes blood flow all over the body resulting in a natural ‘blush’ at times . Sufficient blood flow means that your skin cells are getting enough oxygen, thereby giving a natural glow.
- Get Sleep and Rest – the body needs time to repair and replenish itself after a hectic day. When you rest, the body boosts Melanin production and repairs the dead skin cells and makes way for new ones.
- Take Cold Water Showers – Avoid warm showers or steam baths as they can dehydrate your skin and damage the cells. Cold water helps the body to relax and also keeps the skin pores unclogged.
- Use a Face Mist – a face mist is a must for those who have dry or sensitive skin, it can help your skin look clean, rejuvenated and alive.
- Use a Toner – using a good toner during the summers is essential. It helps the skin to remain clean and oil-free throughout the day.
- Use Milk or Yogurt – milk mainly nourishes and keeps your skin glowing for most of the day. Yogurt is a natural detanner and can be used not only on the face but all over the body and hair. Yogurt is very nutritious for the skin ans should definitely be tried out.
- Try Honey – you can either consume honey or apply it topically on your skin because it helps to exfoliate the skin cells and brings back the natural glow.
- Avoid Smoking – smoking regularly results in dehydration and causes damage to the skin. Therefore try to keep it as minimal as you can.
Follow these tips and your skin will do the talking even in harsh weather.