To strengthen core muscles, planking is a wonderful exercise. It engages several muscle groups at a time. The more you plank, the better it is. We should regularly plank to improve posture, fitness level, promote body flexibility and improve balance. Regular planking can prevent hip injury and spine injury. The plank exercises curbs backaches and enhances mood by eliminating stress.
Fitness experts highly recommend planking and state various tips to increase plank time:
- Are you a newbie in planking? It may be difficult to plank. However, don’t give up thinking that it is a boring exercise. Regular planking is vital for practice makes a man perfect. Stuart Amory, the fitness coach, and fitness trainer recommend a newbie to take a break on the third day of planking. Doing so will ease stiff muscles.
- All through planking, think about something interesting. Don’t have the clock ticking near you. But, set the alarm and start doing it.
- Let your face be absorbed into a magazine or an interesting TV show you like so much. Some websites set a time limit within which you have to read an article. The time limit may be 2 minutes or so.
- Say nursery rhymes or sing a favorite song while planking
- Continue planking till it really hurts
- Bust outside plank as soon as you think you cannot do anymore.
So, these are the tips to increase plank time. Follow it and enjoy!